Sign up to become a Member
Friends of HMCS HAIDA is a registered charitable organization formed in 1989. While we work cooperatively with Parks Canada to assist in the preservation and maintenance of HMCS HAIDA as a historic ship, naval memorial and a national historic site.
- Our volunteers work together with Parks Canada staff in maintenance and restoration projects onboard and serve as docents, helping visitors with questions, explanations and stories and generally helping to bring the ship to life.
- We run educational programs including school visits and seek to encourage the interest of youth and cadet groups in the ship and to make their visits meaningful.
- We strive promote the use of the ship as a Naval Memorial by our participation in the annual ATHABASKAN Memorial service and other events throughout the year.
- We work to preserve naval traditions and to build links between the current Royal Canadian Navy, and its past through ship visits and outreach to the fleet.
Membership FormClick here to download/print HMCS HAIDA Membership form
|Basic Membership||$50.00 now.||Membership Card, e-mailed issues of "Up Spirits" and a Class A voting member at the AGM with a paid up membership. A "Charitable Donation" Tax receipt will be issued for the full amount".||Select|
|Ship Supporter||$100.00 now.||As above, plus a one day pass to visit HMCS HAIDA per season.||Select|
|Gold Supporter||$250.00 now.||As above, plus a one day Family pass (for five (5) family members) per season.||Select|
|Platinum Supporter||$500.00 now.||As above, plus one Official HMCS HAIDA Ball Cap per family member, for a family of Five (5).||Select|
|Life Supporter/Member||$1,500.00 now.||As above plus the opportunity to fire the "Noon Gun" and a Life Supporter (Member) certificate suitably framed.||Select|
|Honorary Member||Free||Awarded by the Board of Directors to individuals that stand out from Regular members by way of contribution(s) by adding value to the organization. These members are Class B non-voting and membership is for Life. Membership certificate and e-mailed issues of "Up Spirits".||Select|
|Patron||Free||Awarded by the Board of Directors to individuals that stand out from Regular members by way of contribution(s) by adding value to the organization. These members are Class B non-voting and membership is for Life. Membership certificate and e-mailed issues of "Up Spirits".||Select|
- Memberships are issued and effective for one calendar year as defined from 01 January to 31 December, and must be renewed yearly in order to be valid to receive it’s full benefits.
- Memberships cannot be banked toward a higher membership level.
- A Charitable Donation Tax receipt will be issued for all of the membership categories.
A tax deductible membership or donation to Friends of HMCS HAIDA will preserve the legacy of HMCS HAIDA and educate the general public and students. We must ensure that this important cornerstone of Canadian naval history is available for future generations.